I didn't paint yesterday because I was busy getting ready for a visitor and then I was busy spending time with my visitor. Today after she left I quickly painted a rose in a vase.
Not really a rose to be painted quickly. I don't think I could have chosen a more difficult rose to paint. It's William Shakespeare 2000. A beautiful, deep purply-red, multi-multi-multi-petaled rose with a delicious fragrance whose names conjures thoughts of Mystery Science Theater 3000 or a robot programmed with Shakespeare's complete works who goes around spouting iambic pentameter in an electronic robo-voice.
The rose could use some more refining, but that's all for today because I need to go to work. Of course, I kept thinking of other paintings I wanted to do, but not today.
Hope you're having great weekend!
- a month of painting
- to post without a single rose
- more flowers and painting and a red surprise
- Joy List Monday
- When you have a lot of roses...
- another painting
- taking time to celebrate Joy
- flowers and painting, painting and flowers
- more roses and more daily painting
- Joy List Monday -- a day outside (including painti...
- painting a day -- day 20, flowers
- painting a day -- day 19
- painting a day -- day 18
- painting a day -- day 16
- Handmade Joy Exchange Celebration
- painting a day -- day 15, rhododendrons
- Joy list Monday and painting a day, day 14
- Sunday Snippets -- Painting a Day, Day 13 and Happ...
- painting a day -- day 12... frustration
- painting a day -- day 11 and some serious bargains...
- painting a day -- day 10, something a bit differen...
- painting a day -- day 9 and a couple thoughts on a...
- painting a day -- day 7, and a Joy list
- painting a day -- day 6
- painting a day -- day 5
- painting a day -- day 4
- painting a day -- day 3, a little bit of hooky
- painting a day -- day 2 and the glories of spring
- Painting a Day -- some thoughts and day 1
- ▼ May (29)
- ► 2011 (125)