Joy List Monday

Hello! I'm finding it hard to type right now with a kitty on my lap. He seems to think that my hands should be petting him and not busy with the keyboard. I'll pause for some kitty love because being in the moment and truly appreciating the beauties and joys of life is important. I'm not always good at it, but I'm working on it.

cat, siamese, Anne Butera, My Giant Strawberry

I can pretend that we're both enjoying some sunshine, but today is yet another grey and dreary day. Even so, the days are getting longer and the thought is making me very happy. It's one of the things on my Joy List today. Here's the rest of it:

  • Monday morning coffee
  • the weekend's successful craft project lined up on my table
  • another flower open on my orchid (& many buds on the others)
  • discovery of a bud on my amaryllis plant
  • inspiration, plans & ideas for the coming year
  • the peace and quiet of my studio
  • my current painting
Can you believe that Christmas is only a few days away? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea. We have no snow and so I have to pretend about that, too.


What about you? What's bringing you joy today?

Oh, and let me add one more thing to today's list... my interview over on Hedgerow Rose. Go take a look. And maybe hang around there for a while, especially if you're feeling a bit of wintery flower deprivation. 

Comments

  1. Hi Anne!!
    ...this morning when I woke up this was my first thought: todays is the first longer day!! That was enough for me to be happy all day!!
    But also getting my suitcase ready, filling it with presents! And a special present for my new born niece, that I am going to meet for the first time in a few days!! That will be wonderful!

    Thank you very much for your nice thoughts!!
    Have a Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura! It makes me so happy thinking about you getting packed up for your visit. I hope it is wonderful!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the beautiful interview.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely interview! Like your blog it shares your passions and your continual focus on joy. I also love your photo above of the little "white Christmas" truck and tree in the jar :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sharon. I hope you have a lovely holiday!

      Delete
  4. A wonderful photo of you and your kitty Anne! I wish Gizmo was as affectionate! It is grey and dreary here too so maybe we can think of each other when it is grey and dreary and know we are not alone. We are not forecast snow for Christmas day but it is meant to be cold and bright so that will be nice. Your snow scene in the jar is captured beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Simone. Sometimes I think Jerome is a little TOO affectionate. Who likes to have their eyelid licked by a scratchy cat tongue!

      Hope you had some sunshine on Christmas. We did and the sunset was spectacular!

      Delete
  5. The days have been dreary here, too, and it's taking some effort to stay smiling at times. ;)
    Joys for today:
    cherry custard pie out of the oven
    snoring spaniel sleeping next to me
    a pile of books to read over the break

    Thank you again for sharing on my little 'ol blog. It was lovely having you over there! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely Joy List, Laurie!

      It was my pleasure to be a part of your wonderful blog. I'm honored that you invited me.

      Hope you had some sunshine!

      Delete
  6. I LOVE the idea of a "Joy List", Anne. I think I may have to steal your idea! My joy list for this Christmas Eve:
    Celebrating the birth of Jesus; snow-capped mountains outside my window; a steaming cup of coffee with cream; thick and warm, soft socks; fresh red carnations in a vase on our dining table; and colorful fabric on my sewing table, waiting to be made into a quilt -- my project for today. God bless you! ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nancy! Definitely "steal" the idea. It brings me so much joy to know that I've inspired others to keep their own lists. Your list sounds perfect! Wishing you much, much joy in the coming year!

      Delete
  7. I love your joy lists. They make me feel more aware and grateful. Beautiful you and beautiful Kitty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Aga. Your comments always make me feel joyful!

      Delete

Post a Comment