What I've Been Up to Lately

I've been working on a bunch of different projects lately and thought I should share some of them with you today.

Creating new prints from my paintings and updating my Etsy shop often takes a back seat to everything else and so I've been making a point of adding some new pieces there.

watercolor, watercolor art prints, Etsy, Anne Butera, My Giant Strawberry

I love how they've come out and I'm especially fond of the butterfly mini print sets. To create them I took individual butterflies from my larger paintings. I used these same butterflies in my fabric, too.

butterflies, watercolor butterflies, surface pattern design, fabric design, watercolor fabric, Anne Butera, My Giant Strawberry

I've been printing and trimming calendars lately. Because it's a bit time consuming and because it takes a lot of room to let all the prints dry, I print them in batches.

studio, art print calendar, watercolor calendar, 2017 calendar, Anne Butera, My Giant Strawberry

The first calendar went off to a new home earlier this week.

And speaking of new homes, some of my favorite, older original paintings have found new homes lately.

This geranium

watercolor, botanical watercolor, geranium watercolor, botanical painting, Anne Butera, My Giant Strawberry

and these wild violets (I wrote about painting the violets here).

violets, wild violets, wood violets, watercolor violets, botanical watercolor, Anne Butera, My Giant Strawberry

I'm always delighted to know that my art will bring others joy, but I do get a little sad saying goodbye to my favorites.

Finally, I mentioned the other day that I've been working on my second class on Skillshare. The second time around has been a lot easier. Still a lot of work, but without the learning curve of figuring out the technical details. I hope to release the class in a week or so, but I thought I'd share the intro I created for it today:



I'm getting a bit excited!

My first class is doing well. Have you signed up yet? I heard from one person that there's a little confusion about how Skillshare works. You pay a monthly subscription fee (regularly $9.99 a month, but they run specials and if you're subscribing for the first time you can get 3 months for $.99) and then you have access to all of the classes on Skillshare. There are thousands of classes on topics ranging from cooking to business to pattern design to crafts to art... and new classes are being added constantly. I'd love to see you in class!

Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Comments

  1. Wow, you have been busy since I last visited Anne! I absolutely adore that middle fabric sample with all the different butterflies! What fantastic gift wrapping paper that would make as well.

    Congrats on the painting sales as well as the calendars heading out already. (!) Time passes so quickly.

    Let me just say I'm sooooo impressed with your intro video! I've been missing out on the posts lately as life gets in the way, so I didn't know you were going to start making these lessons. It is so nice to get to hear your voice and see your pretty face in your studio talking about the lessons. You are so calm and collected and easy to understand. Where did you get those video taking skills?! I need them... haha.

    Well how very exciting all this is. I'm so happy for you and your new journey into teaching. Back soon. -Jaime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spoonflower does gift wrap and wallpaper as well as fabric and I've been toying with making some of my designs available as both. Glad you think that the butterflies would work for wrapping paper. :)

      Time does pass so quickly. Can't believe it's getting to be late August. I feel autumn creeping in.

      Thanks for what you say about my video. You're so sweet! It's been a tremendous learning curve! I've had to throw away so much footage that doesn't work, but that's all part of it, right?

      Thanks for stopping by. (Oh, and living life should take precedence! Especially during summer!! Hope you're having a great one!).

      Delete
  2. Hi - nice to meet you via video! Good luck with the class.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment