600 some miles later

I'm back in Cleveland today, after stopping for Halloween with Dad and spending the night there to help break up the trip.

vintage halloween decoration at dad's


 I'm not sure if I'm ready to put into words all the feelings that have been surfacing these last couple days.  These last couple months, really.  In different ways.  Such a range of emotions.  It's been harder than I thought it would be.  And sometimes easier.  And being back is strange.

The cats don't really seem to want anything to do with me.  But roses greeted me all over the yard.  It's amazing how much ahead the season is back in Viroqua and how far behind, here (and at Dad's, too).  I'm always happy to have roses and as soon as I unpacked the car, I cut some for the house.  Dining room, bathroom, bedroom... can't have too many roses.




There are still lots of cherry and grape tomatoes in the yard, too.  Mmmm, tomatoes.

Matthias had to go to work right after I arrived, so I spent the afternoon unloading my car, unpacking and sprucing things up here.  I've arranged my supplies in my old room and am ready to start working on projects.  But, did I work on any actual art today, the first day of Art Every Day Month?  Nope.  Well, unless you count cutting roses and photographing them.  But I'm not counting that (although it's better than absolutely nothing).  The next few days might not be super productive, either, and I'm ok with that.

(Oh, and by the way, you should check out my Mom's new blog.  I think she should take part in the AEDM challenge, too).

Comments

  1. Hope you're enjoying every moment with Matthias and your second chance at autumn. Love the roses pics and am truly envious of ripe tomatoes fresh from the vine.
    How are things going with AEDM?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment