Joy list Monday and painting a day, day 14

I come inside, more sleepy than tipsy from the wine with our late lunch. I'm sun blind and it takes a few minutes for my eyes to adjust. I am filled with ideas after starting to read Drawn In (thank you, Dana!). The day has flown by, filled to the brim with loveliness. But at the same time, although the day has been filled, it has not felt like a full day. It's felt relaxed and light. I had no constraints on the day or on myself. A true luxury after days and days with long to-do lists. I go upstairs to my studio with no real idea of what I'm going to do, but I start to paint anyway.




More colors on the leftover orange paint canvas from the other day.




A completely new drippy painting, acrylic on canvas paper.




More layers on a little canvas I've been slowly adding to.




And another little acrylic painting on the paper canvas.

After that, I decide to go downstairs and play with some watercolors.




It is fun.




The rhododendrons were at Holden Arboretum. We hiked there this morning and early afternoon and then walked through the rhododendron collection. I took photos with my phone, but I don't think they capture the magic of all those flowers. My rhododendrons are blooming right now, too. And they, along with all of my other flowers are bringing me lots of Joy, too. As are the ideas I'm hatching.

I hope your day was Joyful and that your coming week will be, too.

Comments

  1. what a lovely day 14. Love all those paintings. What can I say you are such a talented lady! Surrendering to the flow is liberating.:) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the painting queen Anne! Way to go! They look awesome. I am especially loving those drips. That must be so freeing to do. And that first one is so cool. Almost like an abstract floral. Glad you like that book! Very inspiring right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The turquoise 'drippy' painting makes me feel dreamy! It has been a horrendous day here today with hailstones that hurt when they hit you and thunder and lightning. It is good to come here for a little bit of serenity admiring your art and wishing I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The turquoise 'drippy' painting makes me feel dreamy! It has been a horrendous day here today with hailstones that hurt when they hit you and thunder and lightning. It is good to come here for a little bit of serenity admiring your art and wishing I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great painting session, anne! each and every one has a certain appeal and interest to it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment