still creating

Yesterday was a full day.

A big chunk of the day was spent working on the design of my new business cards!  I sketched out a design for my logo this past summer. 


My graphic designer brother-in-law worked on cleaning up my design and turning my sketch into a usable digital format.

Then yesterday I roped my husband, also a graphic designer, into helping me design the business card.  I don't know how to use Illustrator or Photoshop so I got to say things like, what if we did this... while he did all the computery stuff.  I'm excited, but I'm also second-guessing myself in terms of design, etc.  More of my fears surfacing as they tend to do.  Silly, really.

I spent the evening painting.  I usually paint during the day, so painting in the dark, with artificial light was a new experience for me.  I worked on the meadow that I'd started the other day, painting in some wildflowers.


I had something else in mind for this painting, too, but I'm not sure if it will work now that the flowers are in the way.

I also painted another sky.  Actually, a few more skies, but only one where the focus is the sky itself.  I like painting skies.  It's very soothing.



I added a foreground to a sky I'd worked on the other day:



Not sure what I'll end up doing with this one.  The paint misbehaved a bit and I ended up with more ground than I had wanted, but it might still work for a Queen Anne's Lace skeleton painting as I'd originally planned.

One of the skies I worked on last night dried enough for me to add part of a colorful tree that I'd been wanting to paint.


This one really did not do what I wanted.  I'll play around some more and see what happens.

Another sky, a gray one this time, dried enough for me to paint a network of tree branches. 


I plan to add some birds as inspired by a photo I took on a walk a couple days ago:


I also worked on the rose hip painting.

 
The branch I brought in as a model has a lot of thorns and I still need to add them.  I liked painting this one and will probably try painting some different versions.

Finally, I worked on two paintings of roses.



For both I used a bottle full of cut roses as a model.  I enjoyed painting them, but I wasn't happy with how either was turning out.  Of course, this was also after having been painting for hours.  It was late and I was tired.  They still need stems and bottles, so maybe they'll look less like blobs with those additions.

All in all, I am so enjoying painting, but I'm also realizing that I need some sort of instruction, too, in order to go further with what I'm doing. 

Comments

  1. Anne, you are fairly exploding with creativity!!!
    Love your business card design - the contrast of the little bird with the giant strawberry - so great!
    As for your painting, I can only say "Wow!!" You are doing some seriously awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your logo looks great. The little bird looking up at the giant strawberry is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the story about the giant strawberry, and your business card is quite charming. You've been very busy with your art, that's for sure! nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your business card looks fabulous, as do ALL your paintings. I love the tree ones especially!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your business card, so cute. So creative today, love all the clouds and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like what you've created here. I especially like the meadow, it's very dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, you got so much done and sure is nice having those designs guys helping you...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your skies are just so beautiful...VERY soothing to look at too :)
    Awww and I LOVE your business card! It looks fantastic, well done you and your creative team! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the roses...the transparent quality make them look pressed. The background is really sets off the colors, too.
    Your business card is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, everyone! You have all been so encouraging and kind. I can't wait to show off the actual design of the business card. The logo is the same, but placement and background are different. I wouldn't have been able to do it without my "creative team" (love that!).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment