30 Days 30 Paintings, Day 29 -- A Spent Sunflower

I switched gears again today. Decided not to paint small. Painted looser, quicker. Worried less about mistakes.

I used only paint that was already on my palette, what was left of colors from a variety of projects.

It's amazing how much differently this painting went than yesterday's. It's far from perfect and there are things I'd do differently, but the whole feel was different and I like the outcome a lot better. I could have kept tinkering with it, but part of the point of this month-long challenge is letting go. And so here it is.


watercolor, sunflowers, autumn, Anne Butera, My Giant Strawberry


I think I might do a whole series of these spent sunflowers.

Comments

  1. Lovely work Anne. I like the movement in the dehydrating petals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It was fun to do. I find these spent sunflowers so lovely, although I guess the stalks don't look so nice in the garden. I love that they're there to feed the birds, too.

      Delete

Post a Comment