Happy Monday! I hope your week is off to a lovely start. It's been a lovely day here so far. Sunshiny and filled with flowers.
I've been thinking that I need to get back to blogging my Monday Joy lists. It makes a good start to the week and motivates me to keep regular lists of what brings me Joy. Won't you join me?
After I wrote this, I realized that there's another bit of Joy that I ran out of room to include on today's page:
These goodies arrived in my mail on Friday from the lovely Sharon of The Teacup Incident as I was lucky enough to win her giveaway. A sweet handmade card, a collection of her postcards and a yummy chocolate bar... just the thing to brighten my day.
I think you can probably see where I'm going from here with the title of my post and the last bullet point in my Joy list. Yep, getting mail is a Joyful thing and I'd like to spread some Joy again with another Handmade Joy Exchange. I organized the first one just about a year ago and it was about two months later that we finally all received our packages. Not bad considering two of the packages took two trips each in order to arrive at their final destinations. I would love it if you would join me in this exchange. Last time we had participants in six US states and four other countries; so fun to connect with people from all over the world!
How this will work:
1. You email me (anne at mygiantstrawberry dot com) with your name and mailing address. If you have a website or blog, send that, too, so I can pass it along to your exchange partner.
2. I match you up with someone (this will not be the same person sending a package to you... that will be a surprise!).
3. You make something for your exchange partner. What sort of something is entirely up to you. Paint, crochet, knit, sew, draw, photograph, bead, embroider, sculpt, write... there are no requirements other than you make it and it brings you Joy!
4. You send off your piece of handmade Joy.
5. You receive a package full of Joy.
This exchange is open to everyone no matter where you live or what sort of art or craft you like to do. You don't have to have a blog, either, so don't let that stop you from joining in.
Dates: The Handmade Joy Exchange is now closed. Thank you to everyone who signed up.
Sound good? I hope so! If you have questions about the exchange, feel free to contact me.
Enjoy your week!