Joy List Monday -- Slowing Down

Now that I've published my Skillshare class (thanks to those of you who have already signed up!!), I feel like I can take a deep breath.

miniature roses, garden, summer, Anne Butera, My Giant Strawberry

I tried to take it easier this past weekend. Spend some time in the garden.

sunflowers, summer, blue sky, Anne Butera, My Giant Strawberry

Enjoy the weather. Work in my sketchbooks.

clover, sketchbook, line drawing, botanical sketchbook, Anne Butera, My Giant Strawberry

I sat on a blanket in the grass with the dogs and sketched clover.

I played with gouache in my new sketchbook.

sketchbook, botanical sketchbook, gouache, Anne Butera, My Giant Strawberry

I took the time to be. And think. And simply enJOY.

garden, summer, sunflowers, Teddy Bear Sunflowers, Anne Butera, My Giant Strawberry

Sometimes just being is a Joy List itself. Opening up to awareness and gratitude. Listening with all of your senses. Being still.

I need to work on cultivating that awareness all the time.

For today, a Joy List.

Joy List Monday: 

a weekly ritual
a reminder to stop and pay attention to the little beauties and graces that make life magical and to set aside time for gratitude each day

roses, Above and Beyond Rose, Garden, Summer, Anne Butera, My Giant Strawberry

Here's my list (I hope you'll write one, too):

  • watching hummingbirds at the salvia
  • finishing my Skillshare class and putting it out into the world
  • looking at the stars
  • working in my sketchbooks
  • roses reblooming
  • making a big bowl of salad (with plenty of ingredients from the garden) to eat over a few days
  • the Artist Interview I'll be sharing this Friday
  • the sunflowers growing taller and taller (taller than the garage) at least 12 feet and my first teddy bear sunflowers
  • making refrigerator pickles (so quick and easy!) with cucumbers (a white variety), dill and garlic all from the garden
  • reading books and magazines
  • summer. just summer.

pickles, white cucumbers, Anne Butera, My Giant Strawberry

Comments

  1. The gouache paint looks wonderfully vibrant with such rich pigment. I will have to try it one day! Your joy list sums up simple pleasures such as looking at the stars and observing the hummingbirds and most of your joys are things that money can't buy! I love to sit and listen and observe what is going on around me and find it very calming.

    My joy list:
    signing up to the Botanical Sketchbook class
    welcome rain after cutting the grass
    making deep fried crispy chicken for the first time
    making a luscious lemon cake
    finding a friendly kitty outside the house


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Joy List, Simone! I think simple pleasures are the most important.

      :)

      p.s. you have me craving fried chicken!!

      Delete

Post a Comment