I tried to take it easier this past weekend. Spend some time in the garden.
Enjoy the weather. Work in my sketchbooks.
I sat on a blanket in the grass with the dogs and sketched clover.
I played with gouache in my new sketchbook.
I took the time to be. And think. And simply enJOY.
Sometimes just being is a Joy List itself. Opening up to awareness and gratitude. Listening with all of your senses. Being still.
I need to work on cultivating that awareness all the time.
For today, a Joy List.
Joy List Monday:
a weekly ritual
- watching hummingbirds at the salvia
- finishing my Skillshare class and putting it out into the world
- looking at the stars
- working in my sketchbooks
- roses reblooming
- making a big bowl of salad (with plenty of ingredients from the garden) to eat over a few days
- the Artist Interview I'll be sharing this Friday
- the sunflowers growing taller and taller (taller than the garage) at least 12 feet and my first teddy bear sunflowers
- making refrigerator pickles (so quick and easy!) with cucumbers (a white variety), dill and garlic all from the garden
- reading books and magazines
- summer. just summer.