goodbye 2011, hello 2012



2011. I've been thinking about you.  What a strange year.  What a full year.  What a hard year.  I really can't believe that it's over.  Finished.  Ended.  The year went by so fast.

And now it is 2012.  The beginning of a new year.  New and blank and full of possibilities.

I made a list of the big things in 2011.  And I made a list of goals for 2012.  I may share some of both of these lists in the coming days.  Until then I want to say goodbye to 2011.  And I want to say hello to 2012.  I am full of hope for the new year.  Hope and plans and possibilities.  And I am wishing the best for each of you in this new year.




Beauty and peace and joy and creativity.  Love and hope and faith and... the best that life has to offer.  Each day is a gift.  A possibility for great things.  It's easy to forget that.  It's easy to focus on the minutia.  It's easy to forget the beauties of each moment.  Can we each vow to try to remember?  Can we, as a group, as souls linked by creativity and friendship and love vow to try to remember?  Vow to try to make the most of each day?  Each moment?  It's a hard task.  A hard commitment, but I think we have to try.  I want to try.  What about you?







*I picked these roses on the day after Christmas.  Amazing that there were still enough roses in the garden that looked so good.  I am so excited to see what the roses of 2012 look like!

Comments

  1. Happy 2012!
    ken & dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try to remember the beauties of each moment Anne, so I am with you there. Have a wonderful 2012. A new year. A blank page. How exciting?!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Anne. I will certainly endeavour to stay in the moment as much as possible. Here's wishing you all you need for 2012. Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping 2012 brings a wellspring of creativity, roses aplenty, love abounding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you to have Christmas roses! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happiest of new years to each of you!! Thanks for reading and thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment