thrift store cabinet

On Sunday you got a little glimpse of my latest thrifted find. A groovy (to borrow Trudi's word, which is just perfect, I think) little cabinet. I've been looking for some sort of cabinet or dresser for the corner of the dining room for ages. I found things that would have worked at Ikea and Crate and Barrel, but I really didn't want to buy something new. So I looked. And I looked. Nothing was quite right. And then I found this one.




Lovely, isn't it?  Yes, it's a little battered and a little dusty (what thrift store find isn't?), but it fits perfectly in the space, has cool legs, nice lines and character (not to mention that it was much cheaper than anything I would have been able to buy new). When I slid open the door, I was convinced.




My favorite color hidden inside! The other half has some interesting storage options. Lots of potential here.




I was thrilled that not only was I smitten, but Matthias liked it, too (he can be a hard sell sometimes).







As these blurry phone shots show, I think the other guys like it, too.

Now comes the hard part. Deciding what color I want to paint it (hence the paint chips) and what I want to do about the drawer pulls. I think I'll sit with it for a while before I decide.

Comments

  1. sweet find, Anne! It's awesome and I would have been sold on the inside color alone, too. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really is a nice find, Anne. It looks like something my aunt had in her home when I was growing up. No doubt you'll do something wonderful with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is rather 'groovy' too Anne! I bet you make a great job of refurbishing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great find - can't wait to see the makeover (if you keep the furry friends out!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment