another painting

I didn't paint yesterday because I was busy getting ready for a visitor and then I was busy spending time with my visitor. Today after she left I quickly painted a rose in a vase.




Not really a rose to be painted quickly. I don't think I could have chosen a more difficult rose to paint. It's William Shakespeare 2000. A beautiful, deep purply-red, multi-multi-multi-petaled rose with a delicious fragrance whose names conjures thoughts of Mystery Science Theater 3000 or a robot programmed with Shakespeare's complete works who goes around spouting iambic pentameter in an electronic robo-voice.

The rose could use some more refining, but that's all for today because I need to go to work. Of course, I kept thinking of other paintings I wanted to do, but not today.

Hope you're having great weekend!

Comments