painting a day -- day 6

I wasn't sure I'd be able to do any painting today as it was another hiking and then going to work sort of day, but we came home with a little bit of time and I sat down right away with my paints.




Just one leaf from my begonia. Not really something I should have sat down to paint when I didn't have much time. with the dark, dark leaves, it will need a lot of layers of paint.




And because I'm attempting to lift out the paint for the veins, it's going to take even longer.




Still messy right now, but I'm confident with some more time and more paint, I'll get a pretty leaf. Whether or not it will look just like the actual plant, I'm not sure. But that doesn't really seem to bother me.

Comments

  1. A great start Anne. Well done on your 6th day of a painting a day. Maybe I should try this but I really would need to get myself organised first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are off to a great start Anne! What a nice plant to paint. I am just wondering what I will paint today...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way watercolor paint gravitates toward the edges of the leaf, leaving such a crisp edge! It looks like it will be beautiful when you're done, Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow - you girls are going great guns and I'm feeling left out! Didn't start on day 1 or 2 or 3...and now it's 6!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the edges of your leaf are just perfect... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment