some of the pressing, three new purses

It's good to be home from our travels. We had a wonderful time, but home is still my favorite place to be. It was good to be back in my studio, too, even if it is a bit of a disaster. Yesterday I finished the third purse I've made since I've been on the push to prepare for the craft fair (now just a little over a week away!).








Linen blend exterior. Vintage doilies on the front. Lined with the same fabric I used for the curtains in my studio. The bag closes with a magnetic snap on a tab that reaches to secure a pocket on the exterior, too. I love it!

I love all three, actually.

This one also has a linen blend exterior, but it also has a stripe of vintage barkcloth on the front flap.



The vintage barkcloth shows up as a pocket on the back, too.




And the interior is lined with that same vintage fabric I used for the curtains.




This one is simple with just one doily on the front.






Lined with Amy Butler fabric that I'd been wanting to pair with a mustardy solid.




I am full of ideas for more and more and more. And I am yearning to get back to my paints. But today I have some crocheted jewelry that needs finishing touches. It's lovely to be cozy inside working on projects while it's snowing outside.

I hope you are able to spend some time doing what you love today, too.

Comments

  1. Anne, those bags are wonderful! You've got such a talent for making "granny chic" useful and hip. I bet you'll have one of the most popular booths at the craft show :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Agree with you the teacup incident! She has it!

      Delete
  2. They are all wonderful Anne. I bet you will be sad to sell them in some ways! I think I like the mustardy one most of all. Nice to see you back blogging again. I have missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love these! Beautiful combinations of inside and outside fabrics. The yellow one is my favourite :) Perfect spring time purses. Thank you for sharing these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne, your purses are beautiful. Green one is my favourite! They are so delicate and feminine, beautifully made. I love your style. I wish you live somewhere close it would be so nice to meet you and have a chat with you. I am glad that I met you through blog journey. I am pleased you had nice time away. it is good to have you back on the blog as well and see how you are getting on. Good luck at the craft fair!!! and have a beautiful week.p.s Thank you for reminding me how important is to do what we love at least a bit every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot wait to see these in person Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your purses are absolutely charming and beautiful, Anne!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment