30 day blog love affair, day 14 -- changing gears

Yesterday was one of those days that was full of potential and then ended up being filled up with all sorts of other things. Necessary things, not creative things. When I finally did sit down to paint I wasn't in the right frame of mind. I started to work on watercolors and then realized that it was just going to lead to frustration. So, for the first time in a very long while, I brought out my acrylics.




These two canvases and one wood block already had a few layers of paint on them, but I didn't like the way they looked. Playing with the paint, the colors, was pure Joy. Sometimes all you need is to change gears, to try something different, to let go.

Comments

  1. A change is as good as a rest as they say! You will go back to your watercolours with renewed enthusiasm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a similar feeling and cleaned the studio up but felt much better for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are gorgeous Anne. oH, and creative things should be necessary things right??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment