Joy List Monday



The day started with snow on the ground. Even so, I started out my day feeling pretty good, but then the grumpies set in. Big time. Some days are just like that. Although I wasn't really feeling in the mood (I felt more like whining), I sat down with a cup of hot tea and wrote a Joy list. Two, actually.




I have to admit that the "Vacation Joys" side was much easier and I really could have filled both sides with vacation Joys, but I'm not complaining. Taking the time to sit down and contemplate and write a list of Joys is meditative and really can help to shift my mood. So can sunshine, it seems. And that's not surprising considering that here in Cleveland sunshine is a rare thing. I recently looked up some numbers and found that the average number of clear days here per year (66) is less than the average number of clear days in Seattle (71) or Portland (77).




I've been feeling the need to do something different with my blog. I also have been feeling the need to distance myself from the internet. It's so easy to lose much too much time when immersed there (here?).  I have some ideas and I'd love for you to play along, so stay tuned!

I hope your week is off to a Joy-ful start! And I hope that you can find a little bit of time to write your own Joy list, even if (or maybe especially if) you don't feel like it.

Comments

  1. The crocuses are beautiful! I think it is easy to see the joys in other people's lives but quite often I find it difficult to see the joys in my own. My joy today is to see that you have posted and to seek out jasmine green tea on your joy list! Have a lovely day Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 265 sunny days in San Francisco.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the invitation to start a joy list, Anne. It really is a good idea to reflect on the joys in our lives. I may do it at the end of each week.
    Your photography is just beautiful.
    I don't know if I could survive with so little sunshine!! Hope you can get out and enjoy it whenever there is a sunny day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those crocuses make me SO happy. What a nice flash on my screen this a.m. Your joy list sounds wonderful! I have to do this. I am not sure why I am resistant to doing this regularly. I do it mentally but I think the act of writing it makes it more real.

    That is hard to be with such little sunshine. I am totally with you on needing the sun. It is amazing isn't it?

    I understand the need to take a break from the web. I hope you won't be gone for too long though. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. When considering moving to Seattle some years ago we learned that it rains more in Chicago than in Seattle - of course in Chicago it tends to come all at the same time while in Seattle it's spaced out a little more evenly. Still . . .

    I hope you won't stay away permanently.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment