garden inspiration

Even with the inconsistent weather and this year's injuries, I've spent a lot of time in the garden this spring and beginning of summer. The best parts of having my garden are being able to be out there and being able to bring its beauty and deliciousness inside. There is nothing better than eating a meal whose ingredients all came from my garden or going to sleep with the scent of roses and honeysuckle spilling over from the bouquet beside the bed.

It's no surprise, then, that these two books would make me very happy.




Vegetable Literacy is a cookbook, but it's much more than that. It's arranged by plant family and presents lots of interesting information about using related vegetables and what goes well with what. It's also beautiful. And makes me wish I was growing lots more vegetables than I am.

Despite it's title, The Flower Recipe Book is not a cookbook. It's full of flowery inspiration, showing how to use different flowers alone and together to make gorgeous bouquets. This one, too, makes me wish I was growing lots more than I am.

Thanks for all the anniversary wishes. I hope you are having a Joy-filled week!

Comments

  1. Interesting books Anne. I wish I was growing more flowers and vegetables at home too! I have planted plenty up at the market garden where I voilunteer though and today sowed over 12 varieties of lettuce!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden photos make me quite envious given our distressing year of flooding. Happy to envision myself strolling its paths and savoring the edible and sniffable results in your company.
    Got to hear Deborah Madison on WPR recently. Both books will soon be on my holds list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful inspirations and beautiful, heart warming thoughts, Anne.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment