Joy

Between the nearly continuous rain and my slow healing, I've been feeling less than Joyful lately.




I think that sometimes feeling bad is the body's way of telling us to slow things down, to take a time out. I'm not always good at listening, but this time I've been trying. I spent some time reading and a lot of time on the sofa watching movies. To force myself to do nothing I watched movies with subtitles so that multitasking was impossible. (Re-watched Bread and Tulips... such a wonderful movie).

Yesterday we had a little bit of sunshine and enough freedom from rain that I could spend a little time in the garden. That was serious Joy.






And, so here is a long overdue Joy list:

  • roses
  • my thriving veggie garden
  • organizing my studio and reminding myself of all the projects I have in the works
  • sketching
  • filling the house with flowers
  • eating from the garden
  • re-reading Anne of Green Gables

Wishing you much Joy.

Comments

  1. The more I see of your house and garden the more I love it. When I see you with peas and roses I know mine are not far behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear and beautiful Anne, I am so glad you feel better and you gave yourself time out. It is so important, I struggle with that all the time :) Stunning roses and wonderful and sweet looking garden. Big hugs and many blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those roses are beautiful. I love your list of "joy" as well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for taking it easy. Glad you found your joy again. Love those roses. Have a wonderful weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden has made me feel joyful Anne! I really hope that you are on the mend now. The roses are stunning. Take care of yourself and get well soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment