nasturtiums

When I was prepping for the art fair earlier this summer, I spent some time painting tiny watercolors to fit into frame pendants. One of the paintings I created was of nasturtiums.




I loved making this tiny painting and I yearned to make a larger painting of some nasturtiums. After the art fair was finished and I had a bit of time for some painting, the first thing I did was cut some nasturtiums and brought them inside to paint.






What a Joy to be playing with paint again.






I love the initial laying down of paint. When the colors move and change.

And then comes the slow and careful details. I have to remind myself over and over again to take it slowly. To be patient with the process.








I spent hours working on the painting, but then I didn't have a chance to pick up my brush for a few days. Long enough, actually, for one of my nasturtium models to sprout some roots.




Today I finally got to spend some time finishing my painting.




I'd love to cut some more leaves and flowers and start another painting to refine my leaf painting techniques (I've never painted leaves like these before... it was hard!), but I have other things I need to work on right now.

Thank you to all of you who left such lovely comments on my last post. I will leave the giveaway open till Friday when I'll pick a winner.

Have a wonderful week.

Comments

  1. Practically my favorite flower. I love these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the vibrant colour of the nasturtium. Hove lovely that the plant threw out some roots! Maybe you could pot it up and grow it on indoors? The leaves do look tricky to paint, especially with all the veining. Have a great week Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne!
    I really love your paintings and the way you design them!
    You're really talented and I wish I could paint like you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely and so much detailed work, it looks gorgeous. thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. So charming! I love the peek at your watercolor tray in the background too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment