I've been feeling a welling up of gratitude. For the littlest things. Beauty. Grace.
- the perfection of a rainy day after getting seedlings and seeds planted in the garden
- soup made from asparagus from the farm
- lily of the valley
- my sketchbook
- black micron pens
- washing all the blankets and throws and arranging them on chairs and sofas
- sewing some new pillow covers (repurposing the crate toppers I made when we first brought home the boys)
- snuggling up beneath a quilt and reading a favorite book
- cup after cup of tea
Of course, I'm grateful for the bigger things, too, but the small things are what often get overshadowed. They need to be celebrated. They need their song.
Wishing you much to sing about.