2x2: 2 Artists, 2 Sketchbooks -- Week 24

When I was getting my photos ready to send to Dana this week I was accidentally typing "Week 20" on everything. Guess time is going faster than I am.

For my page this week I decided to embrace autumn

2x2, 2x2sketchbook, #2x2sketchbook, watercolor, Dana Barbieri, Anne Butera

to a degree.

Dana's colors were vaguely autumnal with a few summery hues, too (at least to my eye). I thought it would be fun to paint oak leaves and acorns in those colors, realistic and not.

2x2, 2x2sketchbook, #2x2sketchbook, watercolor, Dana Barbieri, Anne Butera

I'm usually so careful and literal when I'm painting with watercolor. I wanted this page to be looser and less tied to reality. I thought that would be a nice companion for Dana's playful color splotches. Plus, it was fun to do.

It's also a fitting page for the first day of autumn, whether I'm ready for it or not.

Don't forget to check out Dana's blog for her take on this week's pages!


About the project:

2x2: 2 Artists, 2 Sketchbooks is a collaboration between artists Dana Barbieri and Anne Butera. Dana and Anne met in an online painting class. Although they have never met in person, they have become friends through regular visits to each others' blogs. It was through this connection that this project began. Wanting to move from friendship to collaboration, each spent two months filling one half of a sketchbook before mailing it off to the other. Dana worked on the lefthand pages and Anne on the right. Each will be responding to the other's work on the adjacent sketchbook pages over the coming year. Watch weekly as they reveal another page of their story.

About the artists:

Dana is an artist and crafter living in the foothills of the Catskill mountains two hours north of New York City with her husband, two children and little kitty. She is passionate about painting, knitting, crochet, color, pattern and design.

Anne is an artist, writer and crafter who finds inspiration and joy in the beauty of her garden and the magic of nature. Dissatisfied with and disheartened by the pace and lifestyle of the city, she and her husband (with their two rescued greyhounds and an aging Siamese) relocated to a small town in the beautiful Driftless region in southwest Wisconsin with the goal of living a slower, simpler, more intentional life.

Comments

  1. I think the colors are reminiscent of fall. Very funny how that worked out. Love your little acorns and the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is funny that the timing was perfect. It's such a happy set of pages, too. Makes me glad that fall is here!

      Delete
  2. I love these pages of soft autumnal hues. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Simone! This was a fun week to do. And I love those colors, too!

      Delete

Post a Comment