But I do have a reminder of joy. Joy, just joy (and love and hope and gratitude...).
Joy List Monday:
a weekly ritual
a reminder to stop and pay attention to the little beauties and graces that make life magical and to set aside time for gratitude each day
I hope you'll be inspired to write your own Joy List.
- Some good news (the kind you just can't quite believe that makes you want to jump up and down).
- The first ripe tomatoes of the summer.
- Perfect weather.
- Making spaghetti sauce with herbs from the garden, various leftovers from the freezer and a can of crushed tomatoes while drinking wine and listening to music. And then being able to eat a spaghetti dinner with Matthias in the dining room.
- Regular hummingbird visitors, finally.
- Notes from friends.
- Thunderstorms with soft rain.
- Dog snuggles.
- The sunflower plants in my garden growing taller and taller.
- Heather Ross's memoir, How to Catch a Frog
- Sketching in the garden.
- Portulaca flowers in every color of the rainbow (almost).
- Fireflies, bats and a perfect crescent moon.
I hope your week is filled with many little joys.