I have been feeling extra grateful lately. And joyful, too. Maybe it's the sunshine.
And the flowers still blooming in my garden. Some things have wound down, but others are still going strong.
I've been coming across many inspirations lately, things that resonate with my soul.
This blog post with its affirmation of taking time for spiritual nourishment (and spending time away from the internet).
This book, serendipitously discovered at the library,
a reminder not to give up on my dreams.
This article by Melanie Falick in issue 31 of Uppercase Magazine,
reminding me that rejections come to everyone and that it's important to slow down and be present (no matter how busy I am).
"Be an encourager. Scatter sunshine. Who know whose life you might touch with something as simple as a kind word."
Are you with me?
And this. Here. Finally.*
I have so many ideas in my head and I need to carve out some time and space to nurture them. And I need to remember to spend some time just soaking up the sun, like the plants in my garden photosynthesizing.
It's far too easy to rush through the day without taking the time to savor life's beauty and joys.
I hope you're taking time for them.
Joy List Monday:
a weekly ritual
- sunshine, sunshine, sunshine
- a wonderful customer review on a recent sale
- an infant idea for a collaborative project
- the afterglow from a lovely weekend
- seeing my mom and her award-winning quilt in the newspaper
- Matthias, feeling good and brewing beer
- putting the finishing touches on my next Skillshare class
- Monday morning in my studio -- quiet, sunny and full of potential
- YOU reading this blog
What's on your list today?
*I'll be sharing more about my article in Artful Blogging Magazine soon.