sending love and hope into the world

I had a different post planned for today. But with the state of things today, I just couldn't do it. I couldn't pretend that nothing has changed. That all is right with the world.

nasturtiums, November, garden, Anne Butera, My Giant Strawberry

I cannot fully articulate what I am feeling this morning. I cannot fully comprehend what happened yesterday. What it says about our country. What is says about the people who make up this country. The hurting. Dissatisfaction. Unhappiness. Anger. Disillusionment.

I think now, of all times, we must hold fast to hope. We must believe in love and truth and goodness.

salvia, black and blue salvia, garden, November, Anne Butera, My Giant Strawberry

I find encouragement in these words:

"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope."
                              --Martin Luther King, Jr.

The sun is shining here. Flowers still bloom in my garden this morning.

geraniums, garden, november, Anne Butera, My Giant Strawberry

If ever there was a time to focus on gratitude, if ever there was a time for a Joy List, it is today.

I'm sending you love. I'm sending you hope. And now I'm going back to my painting table.

autumn, nature, watercolor, studio, Anne Butera, My Giant Strawberry

Focus on all that is magical and right in this world. Do your good work. Spread beauty. Spread love.

Comments

  1. Beautiful words, perfect MLK quote, calming thoughts for a distressing day. Yes, a good time to focus on gratitude. Sending love back to you, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Judy.

      I hope you have been finding lots of calm and focusing on gratitude and joy.

      xo

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. We're all in this together, here to support and encourage.

      xo

      Delete

Post a Comment