Spring feels like it's on its way.
While typing this just now I hear robins laughing outside my studio window.
Yesterday morning I noticed they'd returned from their winter vacation. Seeing and hearing them in the trees as I walked the dogs brought such gratitude and joy. "Welcome back," I called out loud.
My studio is getting more colorful each day as more and more of my orchid buds open.
I try to take my time as I pass through my days. I try to pay attention. To notice. To savor.
Some days it's easier than others. There are always things for which to be thankful. I hope you see them, too.
Joy List Monday:
a weekly ritual
a reminder to stop and pay attention to the little beauties and graces that make life magical and to set aside time for gratitude each day
My list today:
- a slow weekend with time for cleaning out another closet and for reading and sketching and cooking and for Sunday dinner at the farm
- this book, a delight after a string of books I've had to slog through (have you read anything you've loved lately?)
- kind words from a happy customer
- progress on my trio of commissioned paintings
- kitty antics and kitty snuggles
- feeling my way with my new sketchbook and its unfamiliar paper
- steaming mugs of green tea
What's on your list today?