I've been savoring our daily sunshine. Right now my home and studio are filled with it. I'm so grateful.
I've been trying to embrace the slowing down that comes with these shortening days. Honoring my feelings, my energy. So often we fight against it, but I don't want to do that this year. As I mentioned last week, SLOW will be my mantra for these coming months.
I think it will help me to be more productive overall. To be intentional. To savor the days. To always remember gratitude.
Are you with me?
Joy List Monday:
a weekly ritual
a reminder to stop and pay attention to the little beauties and graces that make life magical and to set aside time for gratitude each day
- sunshine, sunshine, sunshine
- spotting a bald eagle flying over the house
- salvaging the last of the nasturtium flowers to bring inside
- cutting marigold arrangements
- grasshoppers and butterflies on a recent walk
- taking long walks with the dogs
- all the words of hope, love and inspiration from thoughtful creative people in the wake of last week's election
- creative cooking
- dog snuggles
- watching the moon rise out the kitchen window while making dinner and listening to music
- taking time to be silly
- flower stalks forming on the orchids in my studio
- HOPE -- it's a beautiful, powerful thing
What's on your list today?