The upstairs windows are decorated with frost
(only after I took this photo did I notice the heart and go back for another look)
and I've been decorating the downstairs windows with snowflakes.
Outside the snow is thick.
The birds at the feeders bring me joy each day
and remnants of my garden asleep beneath the snow remind me that winter is only temporary.
There is beauty in every season. It's up to us to notice it.
Joy List Monday:
a weekly ritual
- Blue skies and sunshine
- Monday morning pancakes with peaches (canned by my parents' Amish friends) and whipped cream
- Finishing up a crochet project
- Taking time to just sit and read over the weekend
- All your sweet comments on my studio tour last week
- Discovering more orchid flower stems
- Lots of cooking and eating over the snowy, cold weekend
- Watching more Christmas movies (While You Were Sleeping and Shop Around the Corner -- I'd love to know your favorites)
- Candles and incense
- Baking cookies (a variation on this recipe)
- (Finally) repotting my amaryllis bulbs and dreaming of coming flowers
What's on your list today?